NEWS

House Of Lords Fire

Crews from Barrow, Walney, Millom, Ulverston, Grange, Windermere, Bootle, Arnside and even Lancaster spent hours trying to put the fire out and as the sun rose the following day, the iconic building was left resembling a burnt-out shell of its former self.

“We then reach a conclusion by ruling out possible sources of ignition, with the intention of being left with one ignition source, but because the fuse box was so badly damaged we were unable to discount a short circuit or electrical overload.”

Click here to view the full article.

Read More

28 Residents Rehoused

All 28 residents successfully rehoused following explosion and fire

28 residents were evacuated from WatermoorHouse care home after a fuse box exploded at around 1.50pm on Tuesday.

“The fire started in the fuse box and as a result of the damage there is no power to the property.”

Click here to view the full article

Read More

4 Killed In Meter Box Fire

Fire in the wee hours kills four of east Delhi family, 9 escape unhurt

Hours after celebrating the birthday of their 12-year-old girl, four members of a family, including the child and her toddler brother, died.
The fire apparently started from a short circuit in the meter box on the ground floor.

Click here to view the full article.

Read More

Electrical fire evacuates three-storey building in Shoreham

02 December 2016

Firefighters were called to a flat in Shoreham this morning after an electrical fire broke out, West Sussex Fire and Rescue has confirmed. Two crews attended the scene in Buckingham Road following a call at 5.26am, however quickly requested two more fire engines from Lancing and Hove.

The blaze, originating from an electrical consumer unit in the hallway, was put out using four breathing apparatus, two high pressure hose reels, two CO2 extinguishers and one covering jet, a fire spokesperson said.

Read More

Emergency services attend house fire in Preston

01 December 2016

Two fire engines and crews attended a fire at a home on Skeffington Road in Preston this morning (1 December).

A spokesperson for Preston fire station said: “The fire was out on their arrival at the scene and had not developed or spread beyond the electrical socket where it originated. Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to ensure there were no unseen hot-spots remaining in the wiring.”

Read More

Read More

Archer Street, W1 – basement fire

01.12.16

Two fire engines were called to a fire at a bar in Archer Street, W1.

Part of an electrical intake room in the basement of the building was damaged by fire.

Approximately 250 people were evacuated from the bar by the Brigade. There was no reports of any injuries.

The Brigade was called at 2044 and the fire was under control at 2232. Fire crews from Soho fire station attended the scene.

Read more

Read More

Hampshire firefighters tackle electrical fire at sewage station

30 November 2016

A FIRE caused a pollution incident on the river Itchen overnight near Winchester.

Winchester firefighters believed they had prevented a major environmental incident by stopping raw sewage getting into the River Itchen.

Two pumps from Winchester attended and environmental protection units from Alton and Romsey.

“There was a fire in a control panel at our pumping station in Garnier Road, Winchester, last night. While the pumps were out of action, we used tankers to manage the flows.”

Read More

Read More

Fire crews attend electrical incident at Heathfield commercial premises

29 November 2016

A SMOKING electrical power unit prompted a rush of two fire crews to commercial premises at Heathfield on Monday afternoon

Pumps from Newton Abbot and Bovey Tracey dealt with the incident in Old Newton Road just before 3pm.

Two sets of breathing gear were worn as firefighters used a hosereel jet and dry powder extinguisher to tackle the problem and make the immediate area safe.

The cause was said to be accidental.

Read More

Read More

Incident – Fire in Building

Date: 28/11/2016
Time: 14:43
Location: Old Newton Road, Heathfield
Area: Western
County: Devon

Fire appliances from Bovey Tracey and Newton Abbot were mobilized to a report of a power cabinet smoking at a commercial property at the above location.
Fire crews reported a small fire in an electrical unit which was out on arrival. Crews used 2 breathing apparatus and a thermal image camera to inspect and ensure the building was safe. One dry powder extinguisher and one hosereel jet were also used.

Read More

Read More